There are two ways to add a disclaimer/signature to an Out Of Office reply. In case neither of them is working, please add them both.
The first solution is to add <> to the list of licensed users. To do this follow the next steps:
- Open the Policy Patrol Administration Console.
- Go to Settings > Users.
- Click on Add. This will bring up the Import users wizard dialog.
- Select the option Manual input and click Next to continue.
- Add <> to both User name and Email address fields.
- Click Finish to close the Import users wizard dialog and verify that <> is listed in the list of licensed users.
The second solution is to add a system parameter. To do this follow the next steps:
- Open the Policy Patrol Administration Console and select Local server or the name of your server in the left hand pane.
- Click on the System Parameters link in the right hand pane.
- Enter the following Parameter name (Case Sensitive): MP_ACT_DISCLAIMER_INCLUDE_POSTMASTER
- The Parameter value should be set to 1.
- Click on OK to close the System Parameters dialog.
By following the steps of one of the above solutions, Policy Patrol will recognize the postmaster as a licensed user and will apply any disclaimer rules to postmaster emails (including Out of Office replies).
One thing to note is that Active Directory merge fields will not work for Out of office replies, because the sender of the email is the postmaster, not the person for whom the out of office reply is being sent, causing the merge fields to be empty.
Policy Patrol Disclaimers