Yes you can password protect compressed attachments. To do so:
- Open the Policy Patrol Administration console and go to Local Server > Rules > Compression rules.
- Click on New to create a new rule or Edit to modify an existing compression rule.
- Expand Modify message in the Rule Actions step and select Compress attachment(s). This will bring up the Compress attachment(s) dialog.
- Select the option Password protect archive(s) and specify and confirm a password. Click OK to close the dialog.
- Click Next > to continue with the compression rule