Yes, in order to apply rules to specific internal email traffic from one group to another, you need to select the users for the rule and select the Active Directory users in the Recipient condition too. To do this, you can create an Email/domain filter that contains an LDAP query by following the next steps:
- Go to Settings > Filters > <folder name> and click on New.
- Select Next in the Welcome screen.
- Select Email/domain filter and click Next.
- As the email address, enter the Active Directory path. For example: ldap://cn=test group,cn=users,dc=redearthsoftware,dc=com
- Enter a name and description and click Finish to save the filter.
- When creating the rule, select this filter for the condition Recipient address exists in filter.
When Policy Patrol is checking the email/domain filter, it recognizes the LDAP group path and queries Active Directory for its members. Note that the total length of the path entry must not exceed 100 characters.