To exclude read receipts from disclaimers/signatures, please follow the instructions below:
- In Policy Patrol Administration, go to Rules > Disclaimer rules > <folder> and open the disclaimer rule.
- Go to Rule Exceptions and select 'Do not trigger rule if following exceptions are met'.
- Expand Headers and select 'Header of name and value exists'.
- In Header name, enter: Content-Class. In Header value, enter: urn:content-classes:mdn. Click OK.
- Click OK to save the changes to the rule.
Policy Patrol will now no longer apply the disclaimer rule to read receipts. Repeat the above steps for each disclaimer/signature rule for which you want to exclude read receipts.
Note that this exclusion is only necessary if you are applying disclaimers/signatures to internal emails and the read receipt option is being used on internally sent emails, causing Policy Patrol to add a disclaimer/signature to the read receipt.